Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Waiting Game


I think it’s important to take a minute and discuss the “waiting” stage of a relationship. There are many girls who don’t go through this stage and that’s great. However, there are many others who have to suffer through and sometimes this can be a huge strain on a relationship. I’m not saying that my ten month wait was something that caused a lot of issues, but I know for some couples problems arise. I’m also not going to sit here and tell you that it was all unicorns and rainbows. I got frustrated, I got impatient, and I got naggy. At some point I was so focused on getting engaged that I wasn’t enjoying the amazing relationship that I had. What I’m trying to say, ladies, is don’t let the waiting stage turn you into some obsessive nag. If it helps, turn the situation into a joke; that’s what I ended up doing. After a while these joke conversations became daily instances and they helped relieve my frustration. Here’s a sample:

Me: “Baaaaaabe, when?”
Kyle: “On a good day.”
Me: “Wheeeeeere?”
Kyle: “In a good place?”
Me: “Hoooooow?”
Kyle: “In a good way.”
Me: “Whyyyyyy?”
Kyle: “Because I love you very, very, very much.”

Take note of that last answer. Remember, you’re with someone who loves you and most likely wants the proposal to happen just as much as you do. Maybe he’s waiting for a special day or maybe financially it just isn’t the right time. I know for a fact that had Kyle not been laid off and then unemployed for 5 months our proposal would have happened much sooner but you know what? In retrospect, I’m thrilled about when it happened because had it happened any earlier he wouldn’t have been able to do it where he did which ended up being some place very special. That’s a story for another day though.

Waiting isn’t easy but believe me, it is 100% worth it.

Did you experience the “waiting” period? Did it cause any stress?

No comments:

Post a Comment