Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Save the Date saga comes to an end

Promised I would be back tonight!

After many weeks of attempts and failures we finally finished our save the dates and sent them off. They were recently delivered to the mailboxes of our guests and I could not be more relieved. To refresh your memory, this was our inspiration:


We eventually decided to completely nix the sleeve and insert approach and instead went with a card. Here is what we came up with:

The Front

Strategically blurred


The Back

It was such a relief to get these puppies out the door. Since the save the dates were so cheap, we decided to splurge on custom postage.

It's a tad blurry but the stamp says: J <3 K gettin' hitched

Now let's take a journey to the post office. I'm telling you, this was the biggest relief thus far so yes, I am dragging this out. 

Nestled in their box

So excited!! Please excuse the early morning bed head/naked face

Here they go...

Have fun sorting, USPS!

GONE!!!

Now to be honest, we're technically not finished. We still have three save the dates to address and send but we have yet to hear back from those in question about where to send this lovely piece of mail. I'm counting this as a finished project though and put a big 'ole checkmark on my wedding to-do list.

Did you DIY any of your paper products? Were you as excited as I was to add an item to the "done" list?

*All photos personal unless otherwise noted

2 comments:

  1. I really like the font you used! Did you print on the paper or stamp them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it's Jenna Sue for the save the date but I don't remember what we used for the envelopes! We actually tried stamping and it didn't work that well so we tried printing and they turned out waaaay better

    ReplyDelete