Sunday, March 11, 2012

Operation: Bride Body

Let me start this by saying that I have never been a big girl. I danced from the time I was a child through college doing kick line, pom, and jazz dance. Since graduating and getting a full time job though I've packed on a few pounds. That is not to say that I'm overweight but I am definitely not in shape and about 10 pounds heavier than I want to be. I have just over 7 months until the wedding so it's time to get my butt into gear!

Image via Ashley Running


What am I doing to make this happen?
-Eat less, eat better
-Drink more water, drink less soda
-I, I, I, I work out

Now these things seem like pretty easy tasks but when you're used to eating fast food every day and have a slight soda addiction, it's no piece of cake (Mmmmm, cake). Working out is another issue because between work, grad school, and planning a wedding I barely have any time to myself and the time I do have I do not like to spend getting sweaty and gross.



The eating less/eating better part of the plan has actually been a lot easier than I thought though I have fallen off the wagon a few times. I was doing really well with drinking more water and cutting soda almost completely but within the last few weeks I've gone back to my soda chugging ways.

Working out has been the hardest part of my plan but just last week I tried:


Now I know what you're thinking but it's actually a lot of fun and not at all awesomely 80s. No scrunchies, leotards, or neon tights and most of the girls are around my age. It's also loads cheaper than any gyms I've checked or even the YMCA where I was planning on trying Zumba and step classes.

Not even close to this

So, starting tomorrow I am back on track with Operation: Bride Body and I'll keep you guys posted on how it goes!

What are you doing to get in shape and stay in shape?

No comments:

Post a Comment