Friday, March 2, 2012

I hate moving

I don't plan on writing very many non wedding related posts, but I feel like I need to offer an explanation as to why I have been MIA this week.

Kyle's parents bought a house here with plans to eventually live there when they retire (they live in Massachusetts right now and we live in South Carolina). In the meantime though, Kyle and I will be renting it as our own. The house is going through a major renovation and we were hopeful that we would be able to move in the first weekend of March and so we gave a notice with our apartment complex that we would be out by the end of February. We decided we would just move our stuff into the back building at the house and stay with a friend for a couple of nights. Well, somehow we greatly underestimated the amount of stuff we had in our two bedroom apartment.

Probably worse than this

I naively thought we would be done moving everything out Wednesday night (the last night of February) around 9 or 10 except for our bedding and then Thursday morning I could just toss that in my car and clean before turning in the keys. I was thinking I would be at work no later than 11 (I work 9 - 6). That didn't happen. Not even close. We were moving until 2 am when we finally decided to go to sleep and wake up early. We started moving again at 5:45am. I went ahead and emailed my office to tell them I would be taking the morning off and would be there at 2. We got done moving at 2 but still needed to deep clean our apartment...so I called again and said I would be in at 4. Cut to 5:15 when we finally turned in our keys. By the time I had dropped our cat off at BM Rooms' apartment where we will be spending some quality time and gotten to work it would have been after 6 so I ended up just taking the whole day off. Luckily, my company is very flexible when it comes to stuff like that (and Kyle's is, too!).

Well said. (Source)

Now to the news we got while we were moving. It turns out we can't move in until next weekend. Hello, emotional breakdown. Moving is a stressful process anyway and this just added to it. Luckily, BM Rooms and her husband are open to us and our kitty cat staying 9 nights instead of the 2 we originally asked.

I woke up today feeling every single muscle in my body and was so stiff that people at work kept asking if I was okay and why I was limping. Oy. No worries, I'll be back on track with the wedding posts starting tomorrow after my first day of Zumba! Operation: Bride Body is SO on.

Have you ever had a stressful move?


2 comments:

  1. I completely feel your pain. Our last move was 3 1/2 years ago and I refuse to move again until after Adam graduates (and we probably leave Manhattan). I had just finished student teaching and we were SO broke (and there are always those hidden moving expenses)! Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I told Kyle that I'm never moving again unless we hire movers haha. There are a couple of universities in the area so I'm sure we could get some pretty cheap labor haha. I'm just ready to get into the house and get settled in!!

    ReplyDelete