Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Money, money, money...

...MONEY!

I'm not sure if you guys are aware of this, but weddings can be expensive. Like, crazy expensive. Now it's not like I didn't know this going in. In reality, Kyle and I started researching how much we would need to have to have the wedding of our dreams before we were even engaged. Even with all of this research though it was hard to be motivated to save without a little bling a bling bling, if you know what I mean. So when Kyle finally popped the question we had something saved for the wedding but not nearly as much as we wanted.

Luckily, my mom and step-dad are making a small contribution and Kyle's parents are willing to as well. Kyle and I both make good money for being recent (ish) grads and we've been much better about saving since getting engaged. Our wedding budget isn't small by any means (at least in my mind) but it sure ain't unlimited.

Unfortunately we do not have one of these in our yard (Source)

Because we aren't loaded we have had to make some sacrifices. For instance, videography. It absolutely breaks my heart that we can't work this into the budget. I am over the top in love with wedding videos and am super impressed at how far they've come. However, there are more important things to us like having a venue and feeding our guests (or maybe they don't actually need food...hmmmm. Kidding!). Something else we had to sacrifice was a photobooth. I love photobooths. I love props. I love seeing my friends act stupid. I do not love the extra grand we would need to blow on something that is not absolutely necessary (or is it? Oh, Kyyyyyle).

One of the biggest reasons we are having to make these sacrifices is the guest list and how it snowballed out of control, but that's a horse of a different color.


Are you having to make any sacrifices? Do you have a money tree you would like to get rid of?

No comments:

Post a Comment