Thursday, March 8, 2012

Hey Mr. DJ

When it came to music at the reception there was absolutely no question as to whether we would have a live band or a DJ. If you should know anything about me it's that I love love love to dance. Let's just say, girl got hips and she ain't afraid to use 'em. I think live bands can be great but it's just not the feel we're going for. I want to drop it like a hot potato all. night. long.

 Check me out at BM Crown's wedding: All photos personal 

Yes, I did dance in 3 1/2 inch heels all night

At a high school friend's wedding - I'm behind the guy

I even dance in the middle of Waffle House

Even easier than choosing between a live band and a dj was our choice for who would be working at our wedding. In order to narrow it down I looked at WeddingWire (aka my Bridal Bible) and cross referenced with our venue's preferred vendor list. I got it down to two different companies. When I went to their respective websites one was very professional with generous info and one was a very bright neon graphic with only a phone number.

The other thing you should know about me is that I live by email. I have my personal account and my wedding account both linked to my blackberry and I feel lost without them. I hate talking on the phone so having to call someone to discuss prices and such was just not what I wanted to do.

In the end we decided on Life of the Party for our DJ services. They were rated very highly and had all important information on their website. We met with Ric Larson and clicked immediately. On top of being a DJ he also has his own radio show on one of my favorite local radio stations. We met with him during our lunch break one day and signed the contract on the spot. This actually became a pattern with our vendors which I have loved so far.

Warning: The bride will be cuttin' a rug (Source)

Next time I'll share our vendor search philosophy but until then, what kind of entertainment are you having at your reception? Do you like to dance or are you more of a wall flower?

No comments:

Post a Comment