Sunday, March 4, 2012

Meet the 'Maids

Now that I've told you how I asked my girls, I'd like to introduce you to them. Each of these girls is very special to me for various reasons and I cannot imagine anyone better standing up for me on the biggest day of my life thus far. While I don't get to see all of them as much as I like because a lot of them are spread out across the south (and one currently across the world) I'm stoked to have them all coming together for the wedding!

First up is my maid of honor. MOH Vesty has been my best friend since freshman year of high school. She is one of the only people I have kept in contact with from that part of my life and we talk every day through text and email. We have a lot of things the other can relate to which is a big deal for me and I'm so glad I have her for support. This girl is one of the funniest people I have ever met and she'll tell me when I'm being crazy or dramatic. We have more inside jokes than I can even remember and even though we live several hours away from each other we don't have any trouble keeping up with everything that's going on in each other's lives.

All photos personal

BM Rooms was my roommate sophomore and junior year of college. We both transferred in the same year (I was a sophomore and she was a junior) and were placed together on a freshman hall. She was my first real roommate and thankfully we got along from the start. Since our graduations, we've both found jobs in the same town and frequently have game nights with our other halves. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding a couple of years ago at the same ceremony venue and now it's payback time ;) (kidding!). Thanks to her and her hubs, Kyle and I are not homeless for the next week while our house is being finished. You know you have a good friend if they're willing to house you, your fiance, and your cat for over a week!



BM Crown was my roommate during senior year of college. We met on dance team the year before and also had class together. I have had SO many good/crazy times with her and cannot wait to get down on the dance floor with her at our reception. From beauty queen to beautiful bride I'm thrilled I was able to be there for her and that she'll be there for me.



BM VeggieTales is part of a trivia team that Kyle and I are part of. She's also the girlfriend of one of Kyle's groomsmen. Our friendship may or may not have sprouted from copious amounts of alcohol and a trip to Steak and Shake. However it happened, I'm glad that it did. Out of all my girls, VeggieTales is my newest friendship but with how much our friendship has grown I can't imagine not having her up there with me!



BM Blondie was a member of the hall staff in my dorm sophomore year. We didn't really start hanging out until the end of the year but we made it count! We both stayed in town the following summer and hung out everyday, sometimes taking spontaneous road trips and watching hours of Dawson's Creek.



BM 'Roo is not only my bridesmaid, but she's also my future sister-in-law. She is absolutely hilarious and I'm so glad that we get along as well as we do. I'm a little bummed that she's currently studying abroad in Australia (hence the nickname: 'roo = kangaroo) so she's missed out on a couple of wedding festivities but I know she's having a blast and she'll be here for all of the important stuff. I've always wanted a sister and I don't think that I could have asked for anyone better.



So there you have it, my six lovely ladies. I cannot wait for all of us to be able to get together and have everyone get to know each other. Each of them knows at least one of the other girls and I know that they'll all get along when we're all together. I think I've got a pretty good group right here and feel lucky to have so many close friends who are willing to put up with me through all of the bride brain craziness.

How many bridesmaids are you having?

No comments:

Post a Comment